We are a growing therapeutic massage studio seeking responsible therapists to join our team. You must LOVE what you do and understand the importance of providing excellent customer service. At Body Sage Massage we take a holistic approach to massage therapy incorporating many personalized aspects into our care philosophy. We promote healing through massage as well as complementary therapies such as essential oils, aromatherapy, acupuncture and personal training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification from an accredited school of Massage
- Must be licensed by the Oregon State Medical Board
- One year of clinical experience as a massage therapist
- Must Carry liability insurance
- Experience with injury work
- Customer service oriented and able to communicate effectively
- Understand and believe in the healing benefits of massage and bodywork
- Work well in a team environment
- Perform consecutive, quality massage therapy sessions
- Demonstrate the ability to customize sessions to client’s needs
- Promote to clients the health benefits of receiving regular massage therapy
- Understand and believe in the healing benefits of massage
- Maintain professionalism and cleanliness of therapy rooms and common areas
- Valid Driver License, Auto Insurance and reliable transportation
- Must be on Active Status in the state of Oregon and ready to work
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Deep Tissue Massage and Sports Massage
- Experience working with injured, chronic illness, pregnancy clients
- Experience working with other medical professionals
- Possess background in wellness or health care setting and knowledge of proper exercise and body mechanics
Perform consecutive 30 to 50-minute deep tissue, and sports massage therapy sessions. Average shift length is 4 to 7 hours with the potential of completing 4 to 6 massages in a day.
Create an excellent experience for clients through friendly and helpful attitude. Generate new clientele through various team promotions, participation with online social media outlets and general self promotion cultivating client referrals as appropriate. Help maintain professionalism and cleanliness of therapy room and common area.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 25 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
We are actively seeking someone to join our team with the above qualifications. If that is you please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are however always willing to accept resumes. We will contact you regarding future opportunities. You may also contact us by email or give us a call if you would like more information on Body Sage Massage.
Body Sage Massage Therapies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Each new hire candidate who is offered employment may be asked to pass a urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.